About Phillips Insurance Associates, Inc.
Walter Dunlap founded the Agency in Wilmington, Ohio in 1938. The Agency was formed under the old Ohio Grange, thus becoming a Grange Mutual Insurance Company agency. George R. Phillips purchased the Agency in 1977 and the name was changed to Phillips Insurance Agency, Inc. Mr. Phillips grew the agency in customers, territories of operation and lines of insurance.
In 1998, Mr. Phillips sold the Agency to The National Bank & Trust Company and the Agency changed its name to NB&T Insurance Agency, Inc. Mr. Phillips stayed on with NB&T Insurance until 2004, serving as its President. After it’s purchase, the Agency quickly began expanding the geographical reach and customer base through acquisitions and internal growth. Below are the acquisitions from 1998 to present:
- The Arnold Jones Agency in Waynesville, Ohio 1998
- Bacon & Associates in Wilmington, Ohio 2001
- The Hayes Agency in Greenfield, Ohio 2001
- The George R. Steele Agency in Hillsboro, Ohio 2002
- The Goolsby Insurance Agency in Milford, Ohio 2004
- The Haines Agency in Sabina, Ohio 2015
- Morgan Insurance Agency in Blanchester, Ohio 2017
In January of 2010 Michael Phillips and George (Chip) Phillips purchased the agency from National Bank & Trust. The name of the agency was changed again to Phillips Insurance Associates, Inc. Our offices and staff remain the same and we will continue to provide the same high level service to our customers.
Our mission statement is a simple one, Do the Right Thing, for our customers, carriers, and employees.